Our M.A. in Philosophy Politics & Economics is a one-year program available to a limited number of students who will have completed the Bachelor's degree prior to beginning their graduate studies. We also offer a separate accelerated M.A. program to current Philosophy, Politics, Economics & Law (PPEL) undergraduates.
About the Program
In both private and public enterprises, understanding the interrelation between economic knowledge and ethical appraisal has become urgent. As has become increasingly apparent, economic decisions have ideological and moral consequences, and are seldom simply technical. In corporate and policy-making teams an increasingly important role is occupied by those who grasp the nexus between these fields. The UArizona MA in Philosophy Politics & Economics (PPE) provide cutting-edge instruction by some of the world's leading scholars in philosophy, politics, and economics to equip future leaders who, as team members, can bridge these fields, and future scholars who explore the complexities of this nexus.
Application and Admission Process
The deadline for admission to the MA in PPE program is January 2 previous to the fall semester of entry. The first semester open for application is admission for the Fall 2022 semester.
To apply for the MA in PPE, you must:
Meet the Admissions Requirements established by the Graduate College.
- Submit to the Department of Political Economy and Moral Science via the UA Graduate College online application.
Be sure to include the following in your application:
- Two letters of recommendation from professors with whom you have studied
- A writing sample (any length)
- A statement of purpose (one page single-spaced)
- Transcripts (Unofficial transcript may be uploaded with application; official transcripts will be required with admission.)
How To Apply
To apply, you must complete the University of Arizona Graduate College online application. Follow these steps:
- Create a GradApp account.
- Complete your GradApp profile under "My Account."
- Select "Apply to a Program" from the sidebar.
- Choose "Degree Seeking" under application type and "Philosophy, Politics & Economics (MA)" under program of study.
- Choose the semester during which you wish to enter the program.
- Your application should now be initiated under "My Active Applications."
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Current PPEL undergraduates may also be interested in exploring our Accelerated MA Program.
Tuition and Funding
For general information regarding graduate degrees and tuition, please see Graduate College’s degree and tuition policies.
The MA program does not offer graduate assistantships or tuition waivers.
For questions, please contact Director of Graduate Studies firstname.lastname@example.org.